Thursday, March 3, 2011

Catching Up

Had a few days off to catch up with many people I rarely see or if I do it is those fleeting moments before or during a race. First stop was one of my support crew from the 24 Worlds, these guys and girls play a big part in seeing endurance riders achieve their goals. If it wasn't for the crew that support me there is little chance of me ever riding a 24 solo, let alone non-stop. Thanks again.

My Yeti spent a bit of time on the wall at Bikes at the Basin in Sanctuary Point during the festive period. Still covered in grime from the 24 Worlds Shane said it was a great source of conversation and a hot talking point. Much appreciation to Shane for looking after it and giving it a clean when he couldn't stand to look at a dirty any longer. Duck in to Bikes at the Basin when your next down in Jervis Bay area for your cycling needs. For those who are into downhill and motos I had a sneak peek of the latest goggles with integrated HD video, looked light and easy to use, more info at Shane's Bikes at the Basin website.

Over the last couple of months I have been checking out the calendar planning the rides, places to visit and races to enter. I could help but notice that every weekend began to fill with events and I was overwhelmed with the variety, enduros to stage races, and locations, from WA to NZ. As luck would have it I wasn't alone and when I visited Mr Enduro Pulse at Enduro Pulse HQ it seems change is in the air. Word is there will be a new, better and easier way to view the calendar, expect to see changes over the next few months. It was great to sit down and chat 'bout bikes, places we had been and the things we had both done over the last few months. Even threw down some plans for rides right out to November! Cant wait to get out and ride the new trails that have been built like Mt Annan. Explore places I haven't been to before, Alice Springs, and ride recent additions to the enduro calendar in recent years, events like THE 100ker. Have fun in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment