Monday, March 19, 2012

Back to MTB

Out training on a Saturday ride with my local Tri Club, it was flat ride week, pretty much the only solid fine weather weekend we have had in ages. Nothing was keeping me in the box this day. Just one thing, we were doing an all-out TT and sprint section, there was a gap to the lead rider and with just a couple of hundred meters to go I leapt out from about 5th wheel. An all out max effort saw me accelerate to enough speed to catch the lead rider then there was just a short sustain section to the virtual line. Damn, the first time one of them stuck to my wheel and grabbed half a wheel on the line. Out sprinted by this bunch for the first time in ages, maybe riding the MTB is making it to easy on them...



Sports massage, yep finally put my legs through a session. With all signs saying I would be sore the next day, I was surprised to bounce back the next morning just with a little soreness through my calfs. After a midday easy spin session, I was right as rain, ready for a heavier on bike session the next day. It will be interesting to see how further massage sessions go.

The Ay-Ups are now permanently on the commuter with the early morning rides, dark and stormy weather we keep on getting. Hoo-Rah for Ay-Ups and their Saxon caps, keeping me seen on our roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment