Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WSMTB/MWMTB XC Round 2

Just when I thought I had seen the hardest sections of Yarramundi the course is altered again. There were two tower of power climbs to the power lines. A new section to me that had been dubbed the V-ditch, which required some precision riding. This was linked back to Bens Bridge and the associated technical rocky climbing tracking right from the bridge. With all this extra work on the eastern and southern side of the start/finish area most of the northern sections were not utilised.
Again I lined up with the A grade riders, with the likes of State Elite and Australian Championship representatives in the mix. All these XC racers could mean I get let behind a bit but Shane Taylor, a great enduro rider, was also there. He was the rider I wished to keep up with.
The A grade riders did whip them selves into a frenzy straight off the mark and half a lap later were out of sight. I kept my lap times consistent and within a minute of Shane's times as the XC racers did leave us fairly well behind. I went on to place 6th, which I felt was good for such a challenging track and not all riders finished their designated laps (even in A grade).
Numbers were down from the previous round which could have been because of the school holidays. Even still, they did have a mix of competitors from A grade through to Novice.
I was another technical track by the WSMTB crew and I enjoyed my first race back post the Australian 24hr Solo Championship.
On further inspection this week it has been discovered I have worn through the left upper tube of my F100 forks.

1 comment: