Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Latest Reviews

Troy Lee Design XC Gloves
Full finger gloves for most weather conditions. They breath well and unrestrictive. These gloves are comfortable around fingers and across palm. My first set of these gloves have been used daily for well over a year. There is evidence of heavy use, the gloves have worn through on the inside of the thumbs and expected signs of wear across the palm.
I purchased my second set of TLD XC gloves this year. It was around this time I found the injected rubber across the glove was irritating my index finger knuckle. After using a different set of gloves through the cold of winter, I took to the TLD gloves with a sharp implement to remove the rubber around the index knuckle. The irritation is no longer.
These gloves can just about do everything you need mtb wise.
DZNUTS
Since a wet solo 24hr race early in the year I have been troubled by light chamois rash. The rash becomes most evident during longer rides and enduros. Dznuts is a high viscosity chamois cream that I received a sample of and a warm marathon in QLD recently was a perfect place to put this product to the test.
The official instructions were simple, drop your shorts, apply cream directly or to dry chamois, be a champion and enjoy the ride. I applied a liberal amount as directed before the ride. Then spent the next five and three quarters of an hour attempting to enjoy my first marathon on a hardtail.
The blunt end at the end of the marathon was a positive result by the cream, with no evidence of chamois rash. All smiles here.
Wiley X Sunglasses
With the extra protection of a "Face Cavity Seal", removable foam insert, and a shatterproof lens. Wiley X look to be the perfect eyewear for cycling.
During though testing on the bike the thicker arms of the glasses were not compatible with my helmets and sat uncomfortably on my ears. The thick arms with and without the seal also hinder peripheral vision, a hazard when commuting or transiting via asphalt to you local dirt haunt.
Apart from these hindrances Wiley X offer a stylish and functional eyewear option. Lenses can from clear through to tinted, photocromatic and prescriptions. They also pride themselves on fitment, offering a wide variety of models. At the time of picking up the glasses, I tried on up to four different styles to check the best comfort and seal of the foam.
These glasses can meet the needs of us as mtb riders but can be used in many other sports, on the moto or in a workplace.

More Crummy Reviews here.

No comments:

Post a Comment