Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All-sorts

Fun can be found all over the place. Recently I have visited a highly used BMX track and watched in admiration how they flew around the track. It spurred me to discover my local BMX track. After a small amount of searching and some local information, I had an area of high possibility to visit. I discovered it was only fifteen minutes ride from work and close to many cycle-ways.
The BMX track seems to have well built corners and has a loose gravel over the top. The track could be a little small for a MTB but it makes you work hard and I would hate to come off the bike while riding this track as the gravel would tear you to shreds. Spending almost an hour pumping laps out has me sore and tired. But wait there is more.
Beside the BMX track is a small sausage shaped pump track. After a few laps I had it worked, even managing over twenty laps without peddling. This exploring was done on my commuter, 1.5” tyres and all. Over the weekend I rode out to the track, spending close to an hour on track. From there I made my way back on the road, latching onto a small group of roadies to spin the legs over. These guys did a u-turn before the hills and I went up solo. Plenty of fun riding to be done.
Keep an eye out for my chat with one of the guys who recently completed the Croc Trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment