Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March Riding




Last weeks recovery week saw me on the bike a bit and make steps towards further strength training. The strength training will include over gearing short rides, hill climbing and gym work. Ow!
Sunday was WSMTB first round of their XC series. It was nice to line up with a bit larger field than normal. Turns out some of the sandbagging B Graders finally pulled their fingers out and give me some competition at the back of the Grade. I had some really good racing with the new recruits to 5 lap XC. Had my HR monitor on to check out how I was doing, turns out I may need to work a bit harder during training. So it is back to HR based cycling to ensure I get the most out of the training I do. The only disappointment was the increase by 50% of the WSMTB race fee. I am not sure the claims of an increase in National Parks fee needed a race fee increase.

Spriggsy giving it max through the narrowest section of narrow-neck.

The weekend just gone, Saturday included a session with the Tri Club, flat sprints and TT style riding. Sunday a few of the guys and I headed to Katoomba. We rode the narrow-neck fire-trail, it is close to a 40km return from the center on town, and has great weather dependent views. With plenty of climbing, narrow-neck offers a great couple of hours of riding and is popular with MTBers and hikers.

Keep an eye on your tyres for cuts and exessive wearing, I found this nice nick in my Kendas after racing with WSMTB.

In the news this week my cycling is additionally supported by Carman’s Fine Food and Wealth Creation Accountants.

No comments:

Post a Comment