Tuesday, September 14, 2010

B Grade XC WSMTB by Steve

Weekend Race at Yarramundi,

What a fine day it was for a race as we emerge from winter, no more arm warmers and freezing starts. Craig Gordon showed up, so Andrew Lumley was in for a tight tussle for 1st in A Grade. Craig snitched it by some 20secs in the end.

The track was great, well done to the western Sydney crew, with only a slight variation on the track from 3 weeks ago.

The B grade field was reduced to around 15 riders, with some other clubs racing on the same day (Appin). Of course the race started as ferociously as usual, I almost missed the start shooting the breeze in the car park, but it did mean my heart rate was in range when I started, even if my nerves were not. Recovering from a mid winter extended sickness, my cramming training reaped some rewards after my dismal performance last race, but alas, I was still found wanting and started fading towards the back of the field at the end of the 1st lap. Disappointing, as I was right with the eventual winners earlier in the season. Anyway, I settled into a sustainable race pace given my fitness and had some nice tussles with some other riders in the pack coming in 10th in the end. The heart rate monitor said it all though, with an average of 169bpm for the race, there was nothing left in the tank.

A Team Enduro Pulse rider was seen exited the track after the farm house in a cloud of dust, entering the section way too hot. Know anything about that Crummy??

Congrats to the race and series winner Aaron and special mention to Bruce who came 3rd in the race and 2nd in the series, well done guys.

Cheers,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment