Monday, October 17, 2011

Good Deeds and Training Steeds

Having done quite a few commuting k's over the last couple of weeks I was doing some on-bike exploring of the local area the other day attempting to find some new routes and back-roads to link up. I had ridden around and was on my way back when I rode up beside some stopped vehicles at traffic lights, noticed a caravan-er had an open fuel door on their 4x4 ahead. I slowed and pulled up beside their open window and inquired to see if their fuel cap and door was suppose to be in an it's open state. No? I didn't want to ask how long it had been since they had filled up,but just scootered back to fit the cop and close the door with a reassuring clunk. I continued on my way down to the lights and it wasn't until two more sets of lights, a couple of kilometres later the caravan passed me with a polite wave.

Who was the mountain biker riding along the soft sand on Manly Beach and what were they training for? Could it have been the Simpson Desert Challenge or MTNs to Beach? And what techniques, the weirder the better, do you use to train?

No comments:

Post a Comment