Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekend of Training



Saturday training ride this week was with the local triathlon club. Firstly I attempted to meet up with the usual bunch from Rouse Hill but it was their week for the hilly Pitt Town ride and I never managed to catch up with them. So I made my way by some spots which cyclist could congregate and came across the tri club about to go for a ride. They headed out the back of the Hawkesbury in the hills and we climbed our way across to Kurmond. I haven’t been out that way before, there were plenty of hills and not to much traffic. From Kurmond it was all down hill to Richmond, my 42-12 max ratio had my legs spinning at least 120RPM to keep up. The tri's were a funny bunch on the road, there wasn't the same organisation I have experienced with other road-riding groups. But I will ride with them again, 70 odd kilometers of road hills and the legs know it.
I backed my Saturday training ride with another ride on Sunday. The Penrith cyclists rode by and I attached to the bunch. Their ride is fair paced but across mostly flat roads. It includes veterans of Western Sydney cycling through to keen cyclists out for a great Sunday ride. I have ridden with this group quite a few times and they don’t mind a bit of MTB in the mix. The group breaks apart in Penrith and I make my way back to the Hawkesbury region for a +50km return ride. It has been a while since I have done a 50km double and it was good.

1 comment: