Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Round 3 & Championships of the X-Fusion State XC











Hosted by WSMTB at Springwood's Blue Gum Lodge track the Championships was well supported with over 140 riders. Once again the track was in good condition, short, twisty and mostly single track, there was even a new section with an extra rock garden section. I rode in the Expert category with the likes of fast man Mr Vanos, Mr Lamb and Shane Taylor. They were off like a shot from the start and I did all I could to keep up with them over the seven laps. Again not all competitors finished their laps with three riders DNF. It is a tough little course and where I chose to ride the GT Zaskar for first time. I went on to finish with my fastest lap and place 10th in the Category.
This is my first ride on a hard-tail (HT) and I found myself using different muscles. Two days later and I am still sore, where last weeks 6hr race I recovered overnight. It is possible I am riding using a different style and I still have a lot to learn about riding. Turns out I am a MTB Sitter when it comes to style, but on a HT you cant be a Sitter. Also how sketchy is a HT on the downhill? Yeah I have a lot to learn.
The bike is light and looks flash with its clear carbon finish, diamond shaped tubes and yellow pin-stripes. More on the bike as I use it. Things on the horizon could include the Grand Prix, the Flight Centre Epic and ADF Enduro Championships.
The Judy forks on the commuter recently received Enduro seals and new lease on life. I found them tough to put in and spoke to Duncan from DIY MTB about it. Duncan said that all the Enduro seals for Rock Shox forks were tight, where Fox were easier to install. I would recommend if you need your Rock Shox serviced get it done by DIY MTB. DIY yourself may end in frustration and warped seals, I came close to leaving the Judy forks seal-less.
Le Tour is over with some great endurance riding by Cadel and Lance. There goes 30mins of cycling highlights a day, I will have to break out 24 Solo over the next couple of weeks. The 24hr World Champs is over with another orsome effort by Elite and Age group riders. Watch this space for a definitive interview with a World Champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment