Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Working Wingello





A few colleagues and I made our way down to the Southern Highlands. The Highlands is the home of the Fling and a great spot for a day out on the bike. Our chosen spot was Wingello and it has some nice climbs and sweet single track. As there was a group of us with a wide range of MTB experience. While waiting for the strugglers I got the chance to whip out the camera and managed to put together a couple of good shots.


The GT Zaskar was out to play again. I ran the tyres (sb8s) at a bit lower pressure but would really like to put a set of tubeless tyres on to provide higher traction and a smoother ride. The Zaskar is light, easy to move around the track and gets up to speed with ease. I am still working on the new climbing and descending techniques which comes with riding a hard-tail. Found also the Velvet forks might be running at to lower a pressure for the hard-tail. Although the fork never felt like it was botteming out, I found the fork was traveling to easy through its travel and induced bob. I now have increased the pressure as recommended by Duncan from DIY MTB to start from for my weight.

1 comment: