Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ground Effect - Juggernauts

With words to describe these shorts like "Super-sized" and "long legs" I was very interested to try them out. Grabbing myself a couple of pairs I have been wearing these shorts all over the place. From commuting to and from work to training with lycra clad bandits, or racing XC.
These shorts fitted well with a breathable detachable mesh chamois liner. The chamois is Ground Effects anatomically shaped synthetic foam very similar to their seamless foam used in their lycra. The outer gave that slightly baggy look and is hard wearing, standing up to even my biggest off. The outer features lower leg zips and handy mesh zip-up pockets for when the heat is on. The crutch of the outer is well gusseted to give plenty of room when moving around the saddle.
Sadly the shorts didn’t reach my knees as promised and the super size bubble was burst. Juggernauts should live up to length expectations for most bar my super tall friends. These are well priced and solidly built shorts that hang nicely loose amongst the baggy brigade.

Read more reviews here

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael

    I love your pictures. I love riding too.

    love Kobe

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Kobe, keep spinning those legs. Bikes are fun, good luck with your next race.

    ReplyDelete