Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Working towards 2010

A long weekend should have been a good time to do some more training. Saturday saw me head out with a very small group of hardy weather-resistant tri-athletes. A couple of flats, partial precipitation and four hours later I rode home hungry not expecting to be out for so long. It was hard work in the wind with a small group and a slow leaking rear tube. Changing the tube at the turnaround point and a thick bore pump saw a low pressure rear tyre for the return trip. Nothing like doing the hard yards, at least I had the wind on my back.
The rest of the weekend didn't go as well as the start of the weekend. Inconsistent showers, rice hail and wet tracks saw me only go for short casual rides for the remainder of the weekend. Why ride every day? What is all this for? Worlds 2010. I think it is official. Canberra will be the host of the 2010 24hrs of Adrenalin Solo World Championships. After aussie domination overseas, with the likes of Gordo, Mr Williamson, Fenz, Mr English, Shane Taylor, Mr Fellows, Bozz, Mr McAvoy smashing in both elite and age groups, and that is just the blokes. I am going to be there and having fun.
Being on the bike and having fun will only be part of it. It is going to require a combination of raising my level of fitness, study and practice of technique, and development of a strong mind to produce a top performance. Forming a focused training program will be the foundation of further developing my aerobic system.

24solo2010, join the team and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment