Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Five with Sarah

Sarah Booth has returned to the top step in her favourite discipline of mountain biking after recovering from a massive off while racing internationally. Once again racing against the best downhill riders in Australia , Sarah leads the points score in the Victorian downhill series. She hopes to hold off her closest competitor and team mate to take the title, “Hopefully I can hold off Teegs (Tegan Molloy) for the title … without maiming myself!” 

Sarah’s domination of the Elite woman’s field in 2013 comes after an impressive "back in the saddle" win of both the 2012 NSW/ACT Downhill Series and NSW/ACT State Championships. But at Round 1 of the 2013 NSW/ACT Downhill Series in Thredbo, “I came 3rd in the DH even though I had some sketchy moments below Snakes & Ladders... The top section was slippery on the rocks!”

But Sarah is optimistic re her future in Downhill, with All-mountain (Gravity Enduro/Super D) racing growing in popularity, “it might be where my (mountain bike racing) career is heading… there were a few people I beat, that don't normally get beaten by me!” Sarah said after competing in and winning the Elite woman’s category at the recent Gravity Enduro NWS/ACT State Championships.

Photo: theroostmag.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment